As with all heating and cooling equipment, there are specific things that should be inspected by the owner at regular intervals, as well as some tasks that must only be carried out by a qualified service person. If you are in need of a qualified service person in your area, please use this contractor search page.
· Ensure that no flammable/combustible materials are stored close to the boiler and that the air in the room is uncontaminated.
· Visually inspect the exterior of the boiler for damage or discoloration.*
*If any damage, discoloration, gas leaks, or water leaks are found during visual inspections, please turn off the power, water, and gas supply to the boiler and report it your installer or a qualified service person immediately.
After turning off the boiler;
· Visually inspect the condensate trap and PVC fittings inside the boiler.*
· Visually inspect the water and gas piping connection for any signs of leaks.*
· Visually inspect the exhaust vent connection, exhaust pipe, and exhaust termination for damage, discoloration, or blockages.*
*If any damage, blockages, discoloration, gas leaks, or water leaks are found during visual inspections, please turn off the power, water, and gas supply to the boiler and report it your installer or a qualified service person immediately.
Every Six Months (Owner)
Check to see if the pressure relief valve is operating correctly. If you do not know how to do this, please contact your installer or a qualified service person and request that they carry out the test on your behalf.
Annually (Qualified Service Person)
· Fully inspect the interior and exterior of the boiler for damage or discoloration.
· Inspect the exhaust vent connection, exhaust pipe, and exhaust termination for damage, leaks, discoloration, or blockages.
· Inspect the water, gas, and condensate piping and connections for signs of damage or leaks.
· Clean the condensate trap and refill with fresh water.
· Clean the air intake filter.
· Clean the water filter.
· Check the system pressure (gas and water).
· Check the ignition electrodes and flame sensing rod, and their wiring connections.
· Check all other wiring connections.
· Carry out a combustion test.
For further details regarding all of the above maintenance topics, please refer to the User Manual and Installation Manual that came supplied with your boiler. If you no longer have the hard copies, we have made electronic copies available to you for download via this webpage.