Safety Notice - This is a gas-fired water heater. Only professionals who are qualified to work on such equipment should do so!
If you are in need of a qualified professional in your area, please use this contractor search page
As with all water heating equipment, there are maintenance requirements that must be carried out annually.
The following list is a general overview of the required annual maintenance points, and as such may not cover all steps that are required for your specific model.
• Inspect exhaust venting and air intake piping for blockages or damage.
• Inspect heat exchanger for soot, water leaks, or compromised seals.
• Inspect burner for damage or blockages (see video HERE )
• Inspect the pressure relief valve for leaks and test for correct operation.
• Inspect and clean the inlet water filter.
• Inspect the condensate trap for leaks, blockages, or damage.
• Inspect and clean the air filter that is mounted on the front of the fan.
• Descale the heat exchanger (especially in areas with high mineral content in the water).
For full maintenance instructions, please refer to the installation manual for your specific model. You can download a copy of the manual from the links at the bottom of this page .