1. Your IDS product may be oversized for your application, which is resulting in the set temperature being satisfied faster that the moisture can be removed from the air. Please contact your installer to verify that the IDS model is sized appropriately for the application. Detailed information and specifications downloads for the product can be found towards the bottom of this webpage ( IDS 2.0 Product Page ).
2. The ducting in your home may not be sized, or laid out, to provide correct airflow for the specific IDS model installed. Your installer should verify the static pressure.
3. The room thermostat may be setup incorrectly. Please refer to the instructions for your model of thermostat to ensure that the “Run Cycles” is set to “1”.
4. There may be an incompatibility with the thermostat that you are using. Some brands/models of thermostat interrupt the call for heat (or cooling) when they are charging. If your model of thermostat operates in such a way, then it may cause control issues with your heating and cooling equipment.
5. Your contractor may need to work with our technical support teams to check certain readings (such as the charge level for super heat and sub cooling in force mode). If the product is sized correctly for the application, the ducting and static pressure is proven to be correct, and the thermostat is working correctly, then please have your contractor call our experts on 1 800 283 3787 (Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm) and we will be happy to assist further.